Register for Kenya eCitizen portal and access government services at your convenience. The eCitizen portal is a gateway to all government services. Kenyans can apply and pay for various government services through from the eCitizen portal.
The eCitizen portal provides access to information on various services offered by the government of Kenya. Prior to the eCitizen portal, Kenyans had to endure state beurocratic issues and long queues in government offices before they could be served. It would take days to apply and pay for government services.
The eCitizen portal now saves you time and energy by providing a convenient and fast way to access Kenya government services.
For instance, you can renew your driving license with ease via the eCitizen portal. All you need is to have the renewal amount in your Mpesa account. Remember the Mpesa charges always apply when sending money.
Kenya eCitizen Portal Services
You can apply and pay for the following government services through the eCitizen portal:
- Kenyan Visa
- Business name search
- Business name registration
- Driving license
- Marriage certificate and license
- Passport application
- Land rent clearance certificate
- Affidavits commissioning
Requirements to Register for Kenya eCitizen Portal Services
- National ID number
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Passport-sized photo
The eCitizen portal has four types of accounts:
Citizens – this account is for Kenyan citizens only.
Business – this account is for registering a business that is registered in Kenya. You need to have a business registration number to create a business account.
Foreign Residents – this account is for foreigners living in Kenya. A foreign certificate is required during registration.
Visitors – this account is used to apply a Kenyan visa. A foreigner who want to enter Kenya can apply for a Kenyan visa under the visitors account type.
How to Register for Kenya eCitizen Portal Services
This is a quick guide on how to register for the eCitizen services:
- Go to the eCitizen portal and click Register button at the top-right corner.
- Choose the account type that you want to register. We’ll use Citizens account in this guide.
- Enter your First name and ID number on the verification form and click The system will retrieve your details; that is, ID number, name and photo.
- Enter your email address, then choose your gender and create your Remember to Agree to eCitizen terms and conditions and then click continue.
- Login to your e-mail address, open the email from eCitizen and click on the verification link. Once your email is verified, click Next.
- Enter your mobile phone number. You should receive a text message from eCitizen with a verification code. Enter your verification code on the form and click
- Lastly, upload your recent passport-size photo. The maximum photo size is 500px by 500px. Then click continue to finish your registration.